Monday, March 5, 2012

Artist Statement


Drawing is of great importance to me. I am fascinated with the aspects of drawing, marks which are able to express my feelings for form, space, light and movement. I also consider drawing to be a personal, searching process, and a tool for developing my observation and memory. I draw to sometimes forget and sometimes to remember. Drawing intricate lines with multiple curves is much relaxing to me. My approach to animation relies greatly on drawing. I think it is unique how art is made from simple lines and shades. My print work evolves slowly. It allows me to see what is happening gradually. I use an ebony pencil on either newsprint or nice bond paper. I like to draw lightly to form structure. I use dark lines to give the drawing some different line quality and some value as well. After each drawing I stand back and ask what can I improve on? I always feel my skills need improvement no matter how great I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment